jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help on WebService testing
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:44:54 GMT
On 10 June 2011 06:13, Selvam T, Palani <Palani.SelvamT@altisource.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There is a typo error in URL. Using SOAP XML sample, the request is
> executed and got HTTP 200 OK status. But unable to see the response XML.
> I checked with developers. It is HTTP request and not SOAP request. But
> XML data is passed as input and got xml data as response.
>
> How can I use HTTP request to send XML data? I couldn't find the field
> to send the data. No success even I tried TCP sampler as described here

Put the XML data in a file and use that. From the user manual:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

"If it is a POST or PUT request and there is a single file whose
'name' attribute (below) is omitted, then the file is sent as the
entire body of the request, i.e. no wrappers are added. This allows
arbitrary bodies to be sent."

Or use the SOAP/XML-RPC Sampler. If you can get the HTTP request
working with authentication, the same settings should work for
SOAP/XML-RPC because it is based on the same underlying code