jmeter-user mailing list archives

From E S <electric.or.sh...@gmail.com>
Subject Concurrent HTTP requests to simulate AJAX client
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:05:48 GMT
I have a fairly basic question about how well JMeter will support and
AJAX-based client. I am trying to load test an application in which the user
views a map in the browser. As they navigate around or zoom in and out, the
browser makes AJAX REST calls to a server to download the required image
blocks of the map (like google maps). Most browsers support making 4 or 5
simultaneous http requests. So to properly simulate a bunch of browsers
hitting the server all at once, I need each worker thread (the thread being
the "browser") to support sending out batches of 4 or 5 requests at the same
time.

How well will JMeter support this? Will I have to spin off and manage my own
threads within the worker threads or does JMeter provide any help with this?
Will JMeter be able to track statistics for each individual thread inside
each worker thread?

Thanks,
Dave