jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Controlling Access To An Ill-Behaved Web Resource
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:46:59 GMT
On 13 June 2011 19:23, Bruce Ide <flyingrhenquest@gmail.com> wrote:
> Upon reflection, the cause of the problem is really more process than
> anything else. This feature was allowed without adequate review and is now
> causing problems with testing. Jmeter might not be able to fix that, but
> testing with it did expose a process problem!
>
> Probably the most correct solution would be to modify the application to
> print an error that the user is already logged in.

Yes, that would be fairer. First come, first served.

Alternatively allow multiple concurrent logins with the same id.

> Jmeter could detect that
> with a XPath or Regex postprocessor and retry until the system allows it to
> log in.

Yes.

But is that how the application is supposed to be used?

Are there really going to be multiple users with the same login?

If so, then it's going to be tricky to manage when someone is no
longer allowed access - all existing users will have to be given the
new password.

Apart from the problems of tracking who is actually using the system.

> We'll see if the intersection between ideal and real world allows
> for that!

If there are multiple different admin logins, then you can use JMeter
to test these in parallel.