jmeter-user mailing list archives

From John Lussmyer <John.Lussm...@amdocs.com>
Subject Odd problem with performance of JMeter
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:16:30 GMT
We've been using JMeter for a while to do simple performance testing of some of our web services.
We're running JMeter 2.4.

I'm trying to a larger test, that does about 800,000 web service requests, fairly quickly.
(8 threads, 10ms delay between requests)

What I'm seeing is that after a short while, JMeter is using 56% of the CPU on a dual CPU
machine, and the rate at which it is running the test starts dropping.
I started out around 110 transactions per second, and now it'd down to around 50. (and it's
only done about 220,000 requests)
Each transaction is simple, and returns about 200 chars of XML.
JMeter is not running on the same system as the web service being tested - the web service
machine started out at near 50% CPU utilization, and is now down to about 11%.  (So the current
transaction rate is likely well below the currently displayed 50/second)

Any suggestions on what I'm doing to cause this?

to the Amdocs policy statement,