jmeter-user mailing list archives

From jsheth <jsh...@src-solutions.com>
Subject RE: determining ramp-up period
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 01:21:42 GMT
I would rather not have it that slow

I just ran it with 200 threads and 6000seconds ramp up time and I got

ERROR - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Uncaught exception:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

200 threads and 200 ramp up period results in 500 server error

From: Barrie Treloar [via JMeter]
[mailto:ml-node+4512540-133413972-45749@n5.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:17 PM
To: Jeegnesh Sheth
Subject: Re: determining ramp-up period

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:31 AM, jsheth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So for 200 threads I should set my ramp up time to be > 6000?

Ramp up time = 6000 seconds.
This will start a new thread, on average, every 6000/200 = 30 seconds
where all threads will be running after 6000/60 = 100 minutes (or 1hr
40 minutes).

You sure you want it that slow?

Just follow the formulate,

   Ramp up Time / Threads = Start a thead every X seconds

To work out what you should pick.
e.g. 600 would mean 600/200 = start a thread every 3 seconds, which
means 600/60 = 10 minutes to full capacity.
This may also be too slow, but you can tweak and fiddle to see how the
load impacts on your server.

scribe_by_code&node=4512401&code=anNoZXRoQHNyYy1zb2x1dGlvbnMuY29tfDQ1MTI
0MDF8NTUxNTAwNjA2> .