jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Selvam T, Palani" <Palani.Selv...@altisource.com>
Subject RE: Help on WebService testing
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 05:13:15 GMT
Hi All,

There is a typo error in URL. Using SOAP XML sample, the request is
executed and got HTTP 200 OK status. But unable to see the response XML.
I checked with developers. It is HTTP request and not SOAP request. But
XML data is passed as input and got xml data as response.

How can I use HTTP request to send XML data? I couldn't find the field
to send the data. No success even I tried TCP sampler as described here
->
http://blog.codecentric.de/en/2011/05/using-jmeter-to-measure-binary-pro
tocols/

Any other way can I get the response?

Thanks & Regards,
Palani Selvam

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Shaulis [mailto:carl.shaulis@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 11:28 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Help on WebService testing

This is a more difficult nut to crack.  I will have to differ to the
JMeter
experts who know HTTP Authorization Manager.

However, I will explain how I sometimes get around this challenge.  I
create
a separate API call to the Authentication API.  The Authentication API
returns some sort of key or value.  I use the RegEx processer to grab
this
value then pass it into the header or even the query string of my next
API
call.

Your authentication may not work this way, but I am sure your developers
can
give you a short cut or assistance!  :o)

Good luck on this one!

Carl

(http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#SO