jmeter-user mailing list archives

From stuntgirl <faux_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Request | Foreign Language/nonASCII
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 04:35:09 GMT
Many thanks for your reply, sebb-2-2.

I tried putting the string into a browser and letting the URL encoding take
care of the values and plugging these in. But the value ends up exactly the
same as the text value I'm entering (eg %25 etc)

I tried using the __char() function too and I got a little further. I'm
successful with one non ASCII character, but a string doesn't seem to be
working. Any further thoughts?

>This is not related; the language change only affects how the GUI appears.

I think it is related. It's akin to giving a user a Chinese version of
Excel, but not being able to write Chinese characters. That's just mean! But
this is a philosphical debate for another day.