jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Lloyd <oliver_ll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Placement of Throughput Controller
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:09:14 GMT
Is there a way to improve this?

Test Plan
    - Transaction Controller
        - 1st Request
        - 2nd Request
        - 3rd Request
        - 4th Request
        - etc.
    -Dummy Request
        - Throughput Controller

My problem is if I do not use the Dummy Request and have the Throughput
Controller at the same level as the Transaction Controller then it will pace
each individual request: 1... then 2... then 3...etc.

This is not what I want, I want to be able to pace the whole transaction, as
a group.

I realise that if I put the Transaction Controller as a child of one of the
sub requests, like this:

Test Plan
    - Transaction Controller
        - 1st Request
            - Throughput Controller
        - 2nd Request
        - 3rd Request

Then I can achieve the pacing. But like that the response time for the
Transaction Controller gets skewed.

Anyone got a better idea other than using this dummy request? It's messy.

Thanks