jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Thom Hehl" <T...@pointsix.com>
Subject RE: Advice
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 13:32:18 GMT
Aha! Now we're getting somewhere. So if I have 250 CSV files, each of
which contains all of the packets for that device, and set up the UDV to
point to each of those CSV files, then wouldn't that do what I need?

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Frank [mailto:ff@mpexnet.de]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 9:31 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Advice

On 05/06/2011 03:24 PM, Thom Hehl wrote:
> OK.
>
> I need to simulate 250 devices in the field. Each of these devices is
> one of 1/2 dozen types of sensors that read whatever, often
temperature,
> and send it's information along via UDP packet to the host. The
packets
> are time encoded and must be sent sequentially for me to simulate the
> load I wish.
>
> If I use Felix's approach, would I just have one set of packets that
> would get run 250 times?

No, each Thread reads an arbitrary number of values from one of your 250
CSVs, sequentially. Each of those values is stored in a variable that
gets fed to the UDP Sampler.

Test plan looks like

+ UDV
+ Thread Group
-+ Loop Controller ( x #of values per CSV )
--+ CSV Data Config
--+ UDP Sampler

The UDV tells each thread which CSV to use.

Cheers,
Felix