jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Thom Hehl" <T...@pointsix.com>
Subject RE: Advice
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 13:12:03 GMT
Nuts!

OK, so what I think you're telling me is that I can set up thread
variables and alter the individual packets so that they are compatible
with the thread that they're running.

The problem is that I can't do that. The packets from each device that I
have captured MUST run sequentially. I can't guarantee that with jmeter
picking which packet to run with which thread, so I can't use this
solution if that's what you're telling me.

So, then, we're back to square 1. How do I simulate these 250 devices
with their 1,000-2,000 packets apiece that must be run sequentially?

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Frank [mailto:ff@mpexnet.de]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 9:09 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Advice

On 05/06/2011 02:56 PM, Thom Hehl wrote:
> Each UDP thread will represent a single device. The HTTP threads will
> look at data with each HTTP user receiving 5 of the devices. I don't
> have to wait until all of the UDP threads are done, just one from each
> device so the devices are all set up.
>
> I think, therefore, that the HTTP requests will be in their own thread
> group.

Fair assumption.

Don't use rampup in the HTTP group though - use the "Startup delay".

> Everything I read about CSV data configuration is about assigning
> variables. What I need to know is how to control the UDP Sampler
packets
> using these variables.

Sorry, beats me. Looking at the TCP sampler, I would use variables in
the "Text to send" field. My text to send could be 'This is the sample
input ${MY_INPUT} end' or somesuch.
Here, MY_INPUT would have been a variable I seeded e.g. using a CSV
dataset config.

I have no idea how that UDP sampler works in comparison.

Regards,
Felix