jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Thom Hehl" <T...@pointsix.com>
Subject RE: Advice
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 12:24:10 GMT
I really appreciate all the advice here. My comprehension of the basics
is "fumbling in the dark." :)

Yes, I'm really doing load testing, so I don't need much co-ordination
between the threads. All I need to make sure is that the UDP packets
start coming in before I start with the users, which I will use the
ramp-up period on the thread group. So I don't think this should be too
difficult. I'm using the UDPRequest Sampler that someone pointed me to
in an open source jmeter plugins project.

So the important things are that the UDP packets for a particular source
device must run in that order and that one packet arrive from each
device before I start HTTP testing. This is because the initial packet
from the source device does set up in the DB so it can be used by one of
the HTTP users reporting.

So if I understand what you're saying, I can assign the variables from a
CSV file, which I'm fine with. I think I can figure that out or assign
them in the UDV. This part is simple for me to understand.

What I can't seem to follow in the notes from you and Felix is how do I
tell each of my Sampler packets what thread it belongs to and how to
tell Jmeter to run those samplers as part of that thread.

I will face a similar problem when I reach the HTTP thread group because
I'll want each of the users to have their packets together as well.

Felix, I looked for "sholw plan" but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!