jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Marco D'Aurelio <marco.daure...@hotmail.it>
Subject RE: Disrtibuted testing - saving and combining results
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 10:00:57 GMT

Actually the question wasn't well-asked:
During distributed test, Jmeter records the number of users that are effectively active at
that moment; they are plotted on the same graph but on the same row, hence you cannot distinguish
the threads active on slave1 and slave2 and you cannot understand the total number of active
threads. Is there a possibility to separate them and analyze them separately?

Thanks

Marco

From: marco.daurelio@hotmail.it
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Disrtibuted testing - saving and combining results
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 18:13:31 +0200

Hello everybody,
I am now trying to do distributed testing on a web app. My scheme has a master and a slave
and both of them send request to the target (as you can see from the attached picture).
As I can see from the listener "active threads over time", I can see the active threads if
they are issued from the master XOR from the slave, but I can't see the total numbers of threads
active if both of them are working (for example, if my test plan has 250 users, I expect to
see a total of 500 users in the master's listener, but I see only 250; however, if I launch
the test only on the slave or on the master, I see correctly 250 users). Is there a solution
to see all the threads together?
I thought that, by combining the output .csv files into one, I can visualize "a posteriori"
the active threads on the listener, but how can I save the output file from jmeter-server.bat?

Thanks in advance

Marco