jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Natasha Alexander <naalix3...@hotmail.com>
Subject Extracting Last 4 digits from Random number
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 21:15:48 GMT

Hi everyone,
I am very new to JMeter.  Would someone be able to help me step by step with the following:
1. I need to generate a random number that may be a minimum of 14 digits and maximum of 30
digits long.
[NOTE: Initially, I added a User Defined Variable under the Test Plan level with value: ${__Random(1000000,999999999999999)}${__Random(1000000,999999999999999)}
But now I'm thinking maybe the way to go is by adding a Random Variable.  However, if this
is the way to go, I'm not certain under which level in the tree the element should exist.]

2. Eventually, my script should be able to extract the last 4 digits of the random number
that was generated.  This is because in the web application I am testing, the last 4 digits
of that number will appear on a web page at some point.  I need to verify that the last 4
digits extracted matches what I see on that web page.

I'd appreciate any help offered... step by step :-)

Thanks in advance!
Natasha