jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I've Put Some Jmeter Plugins Up on Github
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 16:42:13 GMT
Hi Bruce,

I've given a quick look on your extensions and* JmeterThreadGlobal seems
interesting enough.* The idea behind it was discussed one or two years ago,
people always asked about running threads inside other threads or sharing
between threads. Myself inluded: I needed at some point to use the JSESSION
from one thread to another to simulate asynchronous  javascript calls
(heartbeats to the server which are regular, and user actions which
shouldn't be necessarily dependent on the heartbeat). This is definitely
useful, might be more user friendly if you wouldn't need one config for each
different variable to be shared.

However, JmeterThreadSync seems to me an overkill. You already have the
Synchronising Timer. Is there a scenario where this wasn't enough for you?

Thanks,
Adrian