jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disrtibuted testing - saving and combining results
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 10:12:40 GMT
On 13 May 2011 11:00, Marco D'Aurelio <marco.daurelio@hotmail.it> wrote:

> Actually the question wasn't well-asked:
> During distributed test, Jmeter records the number of users that are effectively active
at that moment; they are plotted on the same graph but on the same row, hence you cannot distinguish
the threads active on slave1 and slave2 and you cannot understand the total number of active
threads. Is there a possibility to separate them and analyze them separately?

You can include the host name in the JTL files.

See:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html#sample_configuration
and the following section.

> Thanks
>
> Marco
>
> From: marco.daurelio@hotmail.it
> To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Disrtibuted testing - saving and combining results
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 18:13:31 +0200
>

> Hello everybody,
> I am now trying to do distributed testing on a web app. My scheme has a master and a
slave and both of them send request to the target (as you can see from the attached picture).
> As I can see from the listener "active threads over time", I can see the active threads
if they are issued from the master XOR from the slave, but I can't see the total numbers of
threads active if both of them are working (for example, if my test plan has 250 users, I
expect to see a total of 500 users in the master's listener, but I see only 250; however,
if I launch the test only on the slave or on the master, I see correctly 250 users). Is there
a solution to see all the threads together?
> I thought that, by combining the output .csv files into one, I can visualize "a posteriori"
the active threads on the listener, but how can I save the output file from jmeter-server.bat?