jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Ide <flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter run on Linux using putty
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 15:12:42 GMT
Do you have to do that? Doesn't your company to have an IT department to
take care of that sort of thing? It shouldn't be a tester's job to install
things on a remote system.

Looks like you have JVM 1.4.2 installed. It's been a while since I've used
Red Hat, but if I recall correctly their RPM package for java was
essentially just a wrapper around the Sun binary java package. You could
probably just download the Java binary package from Sun, install it
somewhere and use that.

Java doesn't need anything special to run. All you need to do is make sure
that the environment variables JAVA_HOME, PATH and CLASSPATH are set to
point to your install of Java. Since you already have a JVM on your system,
you'll want to make sure that your PATH is set up so that your JVM is found
instead of the system one. Path is searched in the order the directories
appear in the path, so just put your JVM's location at the start of it.

Don't forget to document all this, especially if your company has any sort
of business process they have to conform with.

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com