jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Rajiv Nanduani <rajivkumarnandv...@gmail.com>
Subject Jmeter run on Linux using putty
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 07:05:55 GMT
Hi All,

We have provided a linux server to run JMETER. First I have to install the
jmeter on linux machine , to access the linux server we can connect through
Putty/WinSCP only becoz linux server is placed on remote location. Some how
i have installed the Jmeter under under data/apps/jmeter/jakarta-jmeter-2.4
folder .  but i am not sure how it will run. becoz as per jmter guide line
JVM 1.5 or above should be installed on linux.
The problem is how would i know that JVM is already installed or not if yes
where i have to check. I am new to linux. or if not where i hav to install
the JVM or set the path variable like in windows JMETER_HOME etc..

Apart from that when i am run the jmeter.sh file in linux using putty. there
is an error is showing.
(.:20929): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: please refer to attachment

Note : I have all rights

-rwxr-xr-x 1 rajiv appuser  1372 Apr 28  2011 jmeter.sh

Is it possible to run jmeter from putty  means jmeter GUI will display when
i  run jmeter.sh ffile from putty window.

Waiting for reply

--

Regards

*RAJIV <http://testeverythingrajiv.com/>