jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Rajiv Nanduani <rajivkumarnandv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Jmeter run on Linux using putty
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 10:11:34 GMT
Hi ALL,

Thanks to everyone for the guidance. Finally I got succes and found the
solution to run jmeter from putty with the help of Xming in GUI mode.

Here was the prob in Xming. In Xming installation directory there is host
file C:\Program Files\Xming\X0.hosts
Edit: X0.hosts (lay in the installation directory)
add the ip you want allow. my X0.hosts
“localhost
192.168.1.215″
Restart Xming.

after doing this i was able to run the jmeter.

So here are the summary  to do all this:

Xming installation directory there is hos file C:\Program
Files\Xming\X0.hosts
Edit: X0.hosts (lay in the installation directory)
add the ip you want allow. my X0.hosts
“localhost
192.168.1.215″

1/ Start Xming

2/ Start Putty, on options (left pane): Connection > SSH > X11, check
Enable X11 forwarding, with X display location: localhost:0

3/ Start your SSH session

4/ On your ssh remote session, put this :
DISPLAY=YOUR_IP_WINDOWS:0.0
export DISPLAY

(replace YOUR_IP by the IP of your windows)

5/ Try to launch Jmeter (jmeter.sh)

6. Enable the X11 forwarding in putty.
 http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4367681/putty.PNG putty.PNG

7. Do you have your SSH server set up to permit X forwarding?
Configure the /etc/ssh/*sshd_config file*
> Your sshd_config file should have something like:
  X11Forwarding yes
  X11DisplayOffset 10
  X11UseLocalhost yes

Thanks to all once again :)