jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JavaScript function
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 13:33:27 GMT
On 13 May 2011 14:25, DjinnS <djinns@chninkel.net> wrote:
> Le 13/05/2011 15:13, sebb a écrit :

>>> Yes, there is a mistake in my email.
>>>
>>> So, with the correct spelt, my function is:
>>>
>>> ${__javaScript(Math.round(${var}*50/100),total)}
>>>
>>> It isn't working.
>>
>> Works for me, provided that I define the "var" variable.
>>
>> What makes you think it is not working?
>> What are you expecting, what are you getting?
>>
> Felix,
>
> Yes, :/ , it's an another ctrl-c/ctrl-v mistake. I use this code in jmeter:
>
> ${__javaScript(Math.round(${var}*50/100))}
>
> Seb,
>
> I try to get working threads with variables. I have 4 threads groups and I
> want to run many tests with a differents number of simulated users. I divide
> the number of user with a ratio in order to simulate a "real" traffic.
>
> In the end, the result of the javascript execution is stored in a variable
> used in one on my threads groups.
>
> It's ok if I replace ${var} with an integer. Obviously, var is defined
> before.

As you have not said where the var is defined nor where you are using
the function call it's impossible to say exactly what's wrong.

I assume that var is being used before it has been defined.

Try replacing the function call with ${var} and you can confirm this.

Try defining var on the Test Plan (this should ensure it is defined
very early on).