jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Random timer for each request?
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 16:05:00 GMT
Hey,

Use the gaussian random timer, its the best.

It has the advantage of giving random timeouts with a higher probability for
a value in the middle of the range (at the end if you plot all numbers
returned on the rate of occurrence by it you'll have a gaussian
distribution). so if you know that a user spends an average of x seconds on
a single page and sessions usually last 9-15 page imprints and a total of y
minutes, its pretty easy to estimate a realistic deviation from the average
on that single page.

Read more about the offset and deviation so you'll understand how to
configure them.

Good luck,
Adrian S