jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Chian Zhong..." <czh...@modeln.com>
Subject Re: What is possible and what is not possible test with JMETER?
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 17:53:05 GMT
Hi:

I'm new to this tool as well, but I managed to have one script running on
the app, anything on DB side, or the server monitoring side will need some
kind of plugin.

On the scripting part, its easy to handle simple web pages, anything against
multiple frames need some extra work.
There are lots of controllers and config elements, to use them all together
will take some practice, maybe lots.

Configuration wise, I was looking for the way it handles java property file
where we can set up key+value pair, I haven't found any, in turn I'll need
to use lots of csv files. It works but less flexible and not readable.

I found the result in jmeter tends to be "pass" when the response data
is suspicious.
Like any tool, it works at the basic level, but fancier things takes lots of
effort.

Hope this helps.

Chian