jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS with large files
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 23:38:20 GMT
On 4 May 2011 15:41, Soysal, Aykut <aykut.soysal@logica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to load test my ActiveMQ 5.5.0 with JMeter 2.4 with large
> files (not that large but I tried with 8 and 24 MB)

Are these sizes representative of the actual load you are trying to test?

The JMS API only seems to allow TextMessage types to be populated from
a String, so the entire file will have to be read into memory.

> I setup two Thread Groups (one with a single publisher, the other with a
> single subscriber)
>
> In my test case I need to test 6 messages per minute, so I set number of
> threads (users) to 60 and Ramp-up to 600 since I want to run the test
> longer than a minute.
>
> (maybe my setup is not right for what I am trying to accomplish)

You need a Constant Throughput Timer to set the appropriate rate.

The ramp-up does not control test duration directly, that mainly
depends on the number of samples sent (loops) and the sample rate.

I suggest you try experimenting with a dummy test using Java Samplers
to see how the Timers work.

> So after a while I get the out of memory error. It seems that the text
> file is loaded every time and they all piled up in the memory.

See above.