jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Will Milspec <will.mils...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timers, Think Time between requests, and Best Practices
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 20:54:51 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks for the response. I've looked over the code and the various options
in the http proxy and concluded this:

(Note this may be obvious to seasoned vets, but wasn't obvious to me as a
newcomer)

If you want to use "think time" with jmeter scripts recorded via the http
proxy server....

When setting up your http proxy server,
================================
* Grouping select the following: Put each group in a new transaction
controller

When setting up your thread test plan:
==================================
* put the timer (gaussian/uniform/etc) at the top of the test plan

Result
=======
The timer will apply to the first url in the transaction

Further notes
* Because we want our tests to download images/css, etc, I set the proxy
record er "Retrieve all embedded resources from html files" (if you want
jmeter to download css/gif/
* Cookie manager to make sure sessions persist between requests
* Cache manager simulates browser caching

Will