jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Janine DeBeradinis <jdeberadi...@higherone.com>
Subject Passing Variables in JMeter
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 14:49:41 GMT
Hello Again -

I have another question regarding passing variables in JMeter between different thread groups
in a test plan.  It looks like if a variable is defined on the Test Plan itself, all Thread
Groups have access to that variable.  If a variable is defined as a User Defined Variable,
then only the Thread Group that defined that variable has access to that variable (no other
Thread Groups can see that variable).   Is my understanding correct?

Also, if you have two thread groups in a Test Plan, and thread group one calls another test
with an include controller, and gets some variables back from that test via an XPath Extraction,
the second thread group in the Test Plan does not have access to those variable.  It this
understanding correct?

Thanks.

Janine