jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Soysal, Aykut" <aykut.soy...@logica.com>
Subject RE: JMS with large files
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 08:58:09 GMT
Hi,
I change my setup as you suggested, so I have now 1 user with 100 requests,
reading randomly from a number of files in a folder without any memory problems.
And I am using Constant Throughput Timer to adjust the message per minute.

Thank you,

Aykut Soysal

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 1:38 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: JMS with large files

On 4 May 2011 15:41, Soysal, Aykut <aykut.soysal@logica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to load test my ActiveMQ 5.5.0 with JMeter 2.4 with large
> files (not that large but I tried with 8 and 24 MB)

Are these sizes representative of the actual load you are trying to test?

The JMS API only seems to allow TextMessage types to be populated from
a String, so the entire file will have to be read into memory.

> I setup two Thread Groups (one with a single publisher, the other with a
> single subscriber)
>
> In my test case I need to test 6 messages per minute, so I set number of
> threads (users) to 60 and Ramp-up to 600 since I want to run the test
> longer than a minute.
>
> (maybe my setup is not right for what I am trying to accomplish)

You need a Constant Throughput Timer to set the appropriate rate.

The ramp-up does not control test duration directly, that mainly
depends on the number of samples sent (loops) and the sample rate.

I suggest you try experimenting with a dummy test using Java Samplers
to see how the Timers work.

> So after a while I get the out of memory error. It seems that the text
> file is loaded every time and they all piled up in the memory.

See above.

> I tried to turn off listeners but still I get the same error.

Think green - keep it on the screen.

and inform the sender. Thank you.