jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Testing for externalintegration server
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 11:16:40 GMT
On 05/14/2011 10:42 PM, kunal wrote:
> Hi my requirement is to test a external integration server which is consuming
> messages from a queue can you tell me how can i put a listener ona
> integration server

Sounds difficult. Do I get this right?

There are two servers:
Server A: Application, feeds messages to
Server B: External Server

and you want Jmeter to report performance data received from Server B.

Does Server B serve those statistics via some protocol (HTTP, custom
TCP...)?
If so, you could have a seconds Thread Group that periodically queries
the server using an appropriate Sampler.
I'm not sure how one would map the results to a Jmeter Listener, because
those generally only gather the performance of the Samplers themselves.

HTH,
Felix