jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Advice
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 13:31:21 GMT
On 05/06/2011 03:24 PM, Thom Hehl wrote:
> OK.
>
> I need to simulate 250 devices in the field. Each of these devices is
> one of 1/2 dozen types of sensors that read whatever, often temperature,
> and send it's information along via UDP packet to the host. The packets
> are time encoded and must be sent sequentially for me to simulate the
> load I wish.
>
> If I use Felix's approach, would I just have one set of packets that
> would get run 250 times?

No, each Thread reads an arbitrary number of values from one of your 250
CSVs, sequentially. Each of those values is stored in a variable that
gets fed to the UDP Sampler.

Test plan looks like

+ UDV
+ Thread Group
-+ Loop Controller ( x #of values per CSV )
--+ CSV Data Config
--+ UDP Sampler

The UDV tells each thread which CSV to use.

Cheers,
Felix