jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Advice
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 13:09:09 GMT
On 05/06/2011 02:56 PM, Thom Hehl wrote:
> Each UDP thread will represent a single device. The HTTP threads will
> look at data with each HTTP user receiving 5 of the devices. I don't
> have to wait until all of the UDP threads are done, just one from each
> device so the devices are all set up.
>
> I think, therefore, that the HTTP requests will be in their own thread
> group.

Fair assumption.

Don't use rampup in the HTTP group though - use the "Startup delay".

> Everything I read about CSV data configuration is about assigning
> variables. What I need to know is how to control the UDP Sampler packets
> using these variables.

Sorry, beats me. Looking at the TCP sampler, I would use variables in
the "Text to send" field. My text to send could be 'This is the sample
input ${MY_INPUT} end' or somesuch.
Here, MY_INPUT would have been a variable I seeded e.g. using a CSV
dataset config.

I have no idea how that UDP sampler works in comparison.

Regards,
Felix