jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Advice
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 15:20:16 GMT
On 05/05/2011 05:02 PM, Thom Hehl wrote:
> Uh-huh. Pretend like I'm fumbling in a dark room and your holding a
> candle about 100 feet away. It's helping, but you're either gonna have
> to shine brighter or I need to move closer.

No way for me to assert how far into the basics you are yet ;/

> Um, OK. So I understand that I need to set up UDVs in my thread group.
> OK, my thread group contains a bunch of UDP Request Samplers. How do I
> configure them to determine which thread to run in? Is this a logic
> controller?

Each Thread will proceed with the sholw plan defined in its Thread
Group. In the Thread Group proper you define the number of Threads you want.

If you want to do each Thread to do something different, you either have
to use Thread local items like the threadNum function, or use User
Defined Variables.

I cannot be much more helpful without knowing more specifics about your
Test Plan. Most people just test HTTP. A common idea is to either have
each thread use a distinct set of URLs from a CSV file, or read some
specific parameters from CSV so each thread passes other information to
the web application.

If you can infer from the links posted earlier how these goals can be
met, you may be able to map that to your own requirements.

Otherwise, you may want to share more specifics about those requirements.

HTH,
Felix