jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Jmeter run on Linux using putty
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 10:41:50 GMT
Hi,

congrats on getting that to work.

> 1/ Start Xming
>
> 2/ Start Putty, on options (left pane): Connection > SSH > X11, check
> Enable X11 forwarding, with X display location: localhost:0

Out of curiosity: Could you try and disable that?

>From what I can see, you're NOT using X11 forwarding now, but having the
Linux box connect to your X server directly via TCP.
This is not a problem, but it only works because your boxen are on the
same network.

> 3/ Start your SSH session
>
> 4/ On your ssh remote session, put this :
> DISPLAY=YOUR_IP_WINDOWS:0.0
> export DISPLAY

Come to think of it, DISPLAY=localhost:10.0 was probably bad and should
have been localhost:0, as that was what you had configured in Putty.

If that would have been correct, Xming would not have needed
configuration, I believe.

Regards,
Felix