jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Redirects and embedded objects
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 07:53:51 GMT
On 04/30/2011 04:21 PM, Doxa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To optimize my JMeter script I have played with two options in the HTTP
> sampler:
> (1) Retrieve all embedded resources from HTML files.
> I expect that with this option my script will be more independent from
> future changes made on some website resources. And I do not have to add the
> HTTP samplers to retrieve the resources, which makes my JMeter script a lot
> shorter.

Hi,

adding static resources as Samplers is discouraged, anyway:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/best-practices.html#lean_mean

So you're on the right track here.

> (2) Follow redirects.
> This will limit the number of HTTP samplers.
>
> With the second option I get an error message (exceeded maximum number of
> redirects: 5). I know how to increase the maximum number of redirects, but I
> not sure whether this is the right way to handle this.
>
>  Please let me know what you think about my thoughts. And if you have other
> or better ideas how to optimize Jmeter scripts, please share them with us.

If your application requires more than 5 redirects of the same requests,
you should allow that by all means.

This could also mean that there's something funny going on, so you I
suggest you carefully check whether Jmeter is doing the right thing.

Regards,
Felix