jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "dmitry.hohlov" <dmitry.hoh...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: How to override Host header
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 05:31:36 GMT

Deepak Shetty wrote:

> HTTP Client does allow you to override the host header and specify a
> virtual
> host (e.g. when implementing a reverse proxy this is useful)

How this can be done? I put a "HTTP Header Manager" (with a "Host" header
specified in it) into a "HTTP Request HTTPClient" sampler (where "Server
Name" is provided as an IP address and "Port Number" is also specified as it
is non-standart). After that (as tcpdump on the target server says) the
"Host" header in the request from JMeter still contains "IP:port" but not
the domain name provided in the "HTTP Header Manager".

I use JMeter 2.4 r961953 with JRE 1.6.0_24 on Windows 7 Starter SP1.