jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ragini Thakur <ragi...@cybage.com>
Subject RE: java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 07:43:18 GMT
What is the cause of this exception its OS issue or application?

Regards,
Ragini Thakur

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Frank [mailto:ff@mpexnet.de]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 1:08 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: java.net.SocketException: Too many open files

On 04/07/2011 08:49 AM, Ragini Thakur wrote:
> Hi,
>

> While running load test in distributed mode we observed the
> "java.net.SocketException: Too many open files" on the slave where
> Jmeter was executed in server mode. Can anyone tell why this exception
> is thrown? I never observed this exception any time before.

Hi,

as a first step, you can check your open files limit using "ulimit -n".

Raise it if necessary.

HTH,
Felix

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage
Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an
addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender
by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable
for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should
carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com