jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ragini Thakur <ragi...@cybage.com>
Subject java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 06:49:43 GMT
Hi,

While running load test in distributed mode we observed the
"java.net.SocketException: Too many open files" on the slave where
Jmeter was executed in server mode. Can anyone tell why this exception
is thrown? I never observed this exception any time before.

The complete stack trace is as below.

Created remote object: UnicastServerRef [liveRef:
[endpoint:[10.3.1.62:41728](local),objID:[70c181c5:12f2e03530e:-7fff,
-9053872638812208603]]]

Starting the test on host 10.3.1.62:1099 @ Wed Apr 06 19:34:35 PST 2011
(1302147275469)

Apr 6, 2011 7:51:44 PM sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$AcceptLoop
executeAcceptLoop

WARNING: RMI TCP Accept-0: accept loop for
ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=41728] throws

java.net.SocketException: Too many open files

        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.accept(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:358
)

        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:470)

        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:438)

        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$AcceptLoop.executeAcceptLoop(TCPTrans
port.java:387)

        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$AcceptLoop.run(TCPTransport.java:359)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Test environment: Linux

Jmeter version 2.4

Test run duration: 60 mins

Please let me know in case any I shall provide any other information.

Regards,

Ragini Thakur

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage
Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an
addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender
by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable
for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should
carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com