jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Ide <flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: feedback: experience with JMeter
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:30:26 GMT
I don't think this would work with the current design of jmeter. The
pre-processors execute via a method call of process() prior to the execution
of the sampler. It does not actually reside in the sampler or have any way
to modify its internals. It's easy enough to add parameters because the
sampler design allows for that, but installing an actual filter on the data
stream would not be possible that way.

One could possibly modify the httpclient class itself, to allow a user to
specify a different input stream class to use. I'm not sure if it would be
possible to do this in a particularly generic way. Since you also want to
add parameters (regular expressions and substitutions) to the filter, it
would also require some additional controls and a way to configure the
individual filters inside the application. It would take a bit more
designing than I'm able to do on the back of my napkin at the moment.

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com