jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject search-and-replace in binary AMF3 POST data
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 03:56:02 GMT
Hi,

I want to replay a Flex session that I recorded with JMeter. When
using multiple users, I get into trouble because all of them use the
same Flex session ID. The requests/responses are AMF3 encoded. With
search-and-replace on the Linux command-line I can easily substitute
the recorded session ID.

I would like to do the same thing dynamically in JMeter somehow. To
make this happen, I need to extract the session ID from the first HTTP
response's binary POST data and somehow store it (for example by
looking for a specific pattern). Then, for every recorded HTTP request
I need to replace the recorded session-ID in the binary POST-data by
the stored session-ID.

Is this possible? Which controllers should I use for this?

Thank you,
Andrej