jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed performance test question
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:45:32 GMT
On 14 April 2011 14:41, Kohn, Rodolfo <rodolfo.kohn@intel.com> wrote:
> Thank you sebb.
> A few follow up questions:
> 1-Different agents will measure different avg response time, depending on the latency.
Does the client creates a super-avg from all avg. reponse times? I assume throughput doesn't
change.

As I wrote, the client merely collects the responses.

> 2-If the timestamp is set at the agent then it is not possible to make any calculation
at the client based on the timestamp - Is it possible to discern the agent that sent a single
sample? (my objective is to know if it is possible to make calculations at the client based
on timestamp)

Yes, you can add the hostname to the response data - check the
Listener sections in the manual.