jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:32:05 GMT
On 04/12/2011 09:22 AM, gunjan wrote:
> Issue 1:
> How does jmeter executes the Test plan for the following scenario below:
> 1. Create a test plan,suppose to login to the system.
> 2. Run the Test plan,the results are displayed in the listener.
> 3. Now suppose we change the Login password of the user in the script & save
> the test plan.
> 4. Now run the script,it should fail the script in jmeter,but then the
> script of jmeter does not fail,it does not give error.

I'm sorry: Where are you changing any passwords?

If you're changing what is POSTed (or submitted via GET parameters) then
yes, the login should probably not work.

However, Jmeter will only report errors such as "404 Not Found". If an
application level login fails, Jmeter will probably continue downloading
pages such as "You need to log in before seeing this page" and tell you
that it was successful.

To make sure a login worked correctly, you need to add Assertions to
your Test Plan.

> Issue 2:
> How is the working of the jmeter once the script is recorded & is their any
> kind of caching which takes place?

Jmeter can do caching similar to your web browser. Just add a Cache
Manager to your Thread Group.

> Does jmeter consider the Login credentials also while running the
> script,please reply looking forwardly eagerly.

I don't understand the question. You Test Plan probably comprises the
visit of a Login page and the posting of some credentials
(Username/Password) that *will* be posted as recorded.

As for htpasswd protected sites, I'm not sure whether that is recorded.
In any case, you should be taking care of htpasswd authentication using
an HTTP Authorization Manager.

HTH,
Felix