jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Monga, Richa" <Ric...@nds.com>
Subject Getting error code 401
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:31:35 GMT
Hi,

I am currently doing a performance testing of a web application using Jmeter. This web application
uses Windows authentication.
When I am generating the request i am getting the following message in the response section
of the "View Results Tree"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
browser configuration is correct, but you have not logged into

a supported Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Domain. <p>Please login to the application using
the normal login page.</html>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Http error response code : 401

I came to know that for windows authentication we need to use Http Authorization manager above
the Http Request element.

This is the input i have given

Base url: http://localhost:3030
username: m1/userid
password:pass

I also tried changing
Base url: http://localhost:3030
username:userid
domain: m1
password:pass

I am still not able to resolve the issue. It would be great if you could help me in resolving
the above issue in JMeter.

I also dont understand what is Realm, whether it is required or not and why ?

Thanks,
Richa

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and delete it from your
system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored
by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com