jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Doxa <Ikbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Redirects and embedded objects
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2011 14:21:21 GMT
Hi,

To optimize my JMeter script I have played with two options in the HTTP
sampler:
(1) Retrieve all embedded resources from HTML files.
I expect that with this option my script will be more independent from
future changes made on some website resources. And I do not have to add the
HTTP samplers to retrieve the resources, which makes my JMeter script a lot
shorter.
(2) Follow redirects.
This will limit the number of HTTP samplers.

With the second option I get an error message (exceeded maximum number of
redirects: 5). I know how to increase the maximum number of redirects, but I
not sure whether this is the right way to handle this.

 Please let me know what you think about my thoughts. And if you have other
or better ideas how to optimize Jmeter scripts, please share them with us.
D.--