jmeter-user mailing list archives

From zillakilla <zi...@sogetthis.com>
Subject Transaction time for successfull responses
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 15:35:27 GMT
Hi,
could anyone help with this request?:

I have a jmeter test plan which triggers an email, then 'waits' (in a loop)
for 5 minutes max for the email to arrive.
If the email does NOT arrive after 5 minutes, the loop is exited and the
test starts again (a new email is triggered)

I am using the Transaction controller to log the time it takes for the email
to arrive.

My problem is... if the email does NOT arrive the test exits the transaction
controller after 5 ,minutes but the 5 minutes waiting time is included in
the transaction time.

Is there any way to only log the transaction times of a successful loop?

I have tried using the beanshell post processor to get the time of the
transaction controller and store that value in a variable for the successful
outcome, but this doesnt seem to work.
I used this as reference
http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/How-to-get-transaction-time-into-a-user-defined-variable-td3328587i20.html
How-to-get-transaction-time-into-a-user-defined-variable

Any ideas?

TIA,
Zilla