jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Purvi.Ve...@tcs.com
Subject Re: How to pass parameter in a binary file
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 12:31:47 GMT
Hi all,

We can pass dynamic parameter in two possible ways.

1.By Parameterizing i.e. through pre processor
2.By File i.e. through CSV data set config element

But Jmeter has  no provision to pass dynamic parameter to a binary file
generated in the script.

I am just wondering .. if we can build one preprocessor for binary file.
The high level functionality of this preprocessor is to convert  data into
binary format in the form of input to binary file.

These binary file are send along with HTTP Request  Sampler.

Please guide

Purvi

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Garvita <garvita.mehta@tcs.com>
                                                       |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |03/09/2011 01:22 PM
                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |How to pass parameter in a binary file
                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi All,

I have recorded a flex based application with jmeter, With every amf secure
a binary file is recorded. One of the binary file in which input is
recorded
is as follows:

x3;   x1; x4;null x2;/3  x1;Â
   x1;x11;
x81;x13;Oflex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage
sourcex13;operationx13;timestampx11;clientIdx13;messageIdx17;destinationx15;timeToLivexf;headers

bodyx1;x6;x1b;getSearchListx4;
x6;I643EA2CA-970C-7F54-42A2-239E57C233A4x6;I53B606C1-B627-8325-AC24-71EE11608422x6;'UserPreference_destx4;

xb;x1;x15;DSEndpointx1;
DSIdx6;I643E9396-FD0F-DE17-52DB-6F89080D789Dx1;		 x3;x1;
Cx81;x5;com.tcs.ultimatix.ipms.projectplanning.home.vo.SearchParameterBeanx15;paramStagex13;paramCodex13;paramName

x1f;paramSearchHintx6;xf;PROJECTx6;,x6;xf;Projectx6;x3;a

This binary file is sent in sampler as Sent file with the request.

Input that I passed in gui is "a" (as seen in the end of the binary file)

Now I want to pass this parameter different for each thread.

Please guide me how to proceed if possible through new development also.

and any attachments. Thank you