jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Patrick <david.m1...@mac.com>
Subject Re: best place to put a constant throughput
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 06:25:42 GMT
Hi guys - another quick push of this question if I may.

The target performance for our system is somewhere around 50 order journeys per minute with
a load of 400 users, so am using 4 instances of JMeter (100 users each at 12 orders per minute)
to simulate this.

What I am being asked to show within the script is that the system is capable of handling
the steps inside the Loop Controller at a rate of 12 orders per minute.

The documentation I can find for the Constant Throughput Controller doesnt really give away
the best place to put it to get what I need - so am coming to the larger User Community for
some ideas.

Cheers,
David

--
David Patrick
david.m1fcf@mac.com

On 24 Mar 2011, at 16:48, David Patrick wrote:

> Hi collective - quick question for you all.
>
> given the outline description of the test below, where is the best place to put a constant
throughput timer to achieve a rate of 12 orders per minute (effectively 12 iterations of 'Loop
Controller' per minute)

> + Thread Group
>    + HTTP Request Defaults
>    + HTTP Cookie Manager
>    + HTTP Header Manager
>    + CSV Data Set Config
>    + Loop Controller
>        + Place next order from CSV Input File
>        + Logout
> + Success Results Tree
> + Error Results Tree
> + All Results Tree
> + Aggregate Report
>
> Loop Controller is defined by the number of rows in the CSV file defined in the CSV Data
Set Config item.