jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subtracting User Defined Variables
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 00:45:57 GMT
On 9 March 2011 00:42, Rob Schroder <rob@manilla.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been beating my head against the wall trying to do something that I thought would
be simple.

> Problem:
>
> I have a BeanShell processor that grabs the begin time of a sampler at a point in time
during the script execution.  I have another BeanShell processor that grabs the end time
of a sampler down the road.  The values are stored in ${begin_time} and ${end_time}, respectively.
 I'd simply like to get the difference of these two values and store them in a user defined
variable that can be written to the summary reports.

> Can someone tell me what the best approach is?  My efforts for this seemingly simple
operation have all failed :')

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__longSum

${__longSum(${end_time),-${begin_time})}