jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter test duration
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:07:44 GMT
On 3 March 2011 23:13, Brian Devaney <bdevaney@docfinity.com> wrote:
> I have a number of JMeter tests set to run with different numbers of users.
> Once one test finishes, another should start.  I am running into a problem
> where the ant task calling the JMeter test gets stuck waiting for the test
> to finish.  Is there some setting in ant or in JMeter where I can specify
> the absolute time limit for the test to run and have it forcibly shut down
> if it hits that limit?  I am using the Duration setting in the main thread
> group to control how long the test should run, but I am running into cases
> where it gets ignored.

I doubt that it is ignored, however the duration timer performs an
orderly shutdown, which means that a thread only shuts down when it
finishes its current sample.
Check the log for details.

You could try running a concurrent separate thread group with a Test
Action [1] set to Stop Now / All threads
Add a Constant Timer child for the required delay.

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Test_Action