jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jmeter to store responses in recording controller.
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:55:45 GMT
On 25 March 2011 12:33, Vikas Malik <vikas.malik@shop2020.in> wrote:
>> Have you looked at the documentation, particularly the component
> reference?
>
> 1. Yes Sebb, I have seen "save response to file" and tried it. The thing is,
> we can not use it to store the response while we are manually playing
> through proxy and recording. Proxy should be able to capture response also
> at the same time instead of having to replay it again to create the samples.

That does work, but you have to put the Listeners on the Workbench
which is where the "sampler" - i.e. Proxy - is.

> If we create samples in next step while replaying we need to go to each
> response again to manually verify that sample to be sure that samples are
> good, nothing went wrong this time. I think second step is unnecessary.

It is.

> 2. The other question is, can jmeter compare responses from test run against
> a set of reference responses stored on disk and give a report saying which
> requests produced different results.

No, file comparison is not supported by JMeter.
You could always write your own Assertion using the BSF or BSH
Assertion elements.

Or you can use Assertions - e.g. MD5 - to check for such things.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#MD5Hex_Assertion

You would have to work out the hashes beforehand and perhaps put them
in a CSV file.