jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to pass parameter in a binary file
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 19:45:59 GMT
the replacing of a file's value is trivial in java(
http://theworkaholic.blogspot.com/2011/02/dynamic-values-within-files.html)
and hence easy in jmeter as well.

However for a binary file you need to know what you want to replace and the
binary representation of what you want to replace with (along with other
factors like does some other field in the file represent the size of what
you are replacing with in which case it must change as well) - This is
specific to the binary format being used and in most cases you need some
tool that understands how to generate the binary format. No one has as yet
provided an answer to this. if you are working on a flex project  ask a dev
, otherwise use google and see.

regards
deepak