jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter 101: Writing a value from Screen to a CSV File.
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:59:42 GMT
>(a) Reading the screen to put XXXX
Any Post processor (usually a regex post processor) can extract values from
the response into  a variable , that is available for the rest of the test

>into a CSV File
For this you'd have to write java code(Do you want a sample?). Since you are
going to do this in amulti threaded environment , you need to synchronize
access. there are alternative available , for e.g. you can configure jmeter
to write its variables into its result file(which can be CSV as well). you
can then parse this file easily to extract what you want - this is the
simplest if you arent a developer.

>(b) Reading the screen to put XXXX into a variable so I can extend the
existing script to do both Order Creation and Re-Ordering.
The post processor do allow this (provided the re-ordering is done in the
same thread) . Are you facing issues here? If so what ?
ThreadGroup
+Sampler1
++Regex Post processor (extract Order number into say OrderNumber)
+Sampler2 (use ${OrderNumber} to refer to variable - assuming single value

regards
deepak