jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Patrick <david.m1...@mac.com>
Subject JMeter 101: Writing a value from Screen to a CSV File.
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:49:06 GMT
Hopefully a simple question that you will be able to help me with.

I have a script that is generating a series of New Orders against a web-based ordering system.
On completion of process, the web page returns an Order number. I want to capture that Order
number into a CSV file so that I can feed it into another script later that will simulate
re-ordering.

The screen returns the text "Order Reference: XXXX" where XXXX is the number I want to store
away.

so, I am looking for advice on:
(a) Reading the screen to put XXXX into a CSV File
and/or
(b) Reading the screen to put XXXX into a variable so I can extend the existing script to
do both Order Creation and Re-Ordering.

I think something around REGEX should get me the value in it's self, but I cant work out the
syntax of that or the next steps to output to a file.

Am using JMeter2.3.2 (latest version 2.3.4 has been giving compatibility problems with the
application service I am using, so upgrading is not an option at this time)

Cheers,
David

--
David Patrick