jmeter-user mailing list archives

From credible58 <paul.off...@advance7.com>
Subject Synchronizing Timer - I can't get it to work
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:14:41 GMT
Hi,

I've read the manual and I've read the other posts on this forum and I still
can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  To demontrstate the issue I've
created a simple Test Plan.

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4258754/SyncProblem.gif

The details are:

* The Thread Group has 5 threads
* The Synchronising Timer has Number of Simulated Users to Group by: 5
* The samplers are TCP Samplers sending duff data to a TELNET server
* The Uniform Random Timers are set to generate delays of 0 to 30 secs
* TCP Sampler Config has timeout of 300 ms

I want all 5 threads to finish the previous steps (SNAP001 and SNAP002)
before executing SNAP003.  As you can see above this isn't what happens.
The SNAP003 step executes before all threads running SNAP001 and SNAP002
complete.

Can you please tell me how I should use the Synchronizing Timer in this test
plan?

Thanks and regards...Paul

Environment is:

Windows 7 Professional - 32 bit
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
JMeter 2.4 r961953

-----
Paul Offord
Advance7